This Week at De La Hunt Media 12.7 - 12.13
Coffeetime Guests this week
9:30 AM on KDKK 97.5 FM and KPRM AM 870
Wednesday - Doc Rose from Lakeland Veterinary Clinic
Local Sports Coverage
KDKK 7 PM Panther Hockey vs Lake of the Woods
KDKK 6 PM Girls Basketball Park Rapids vs Walker Hackensack Akeley
KDKK 7:30 PM Boys Basketball Park Rapids vs Nevis
Saturday 9:05 AM – Coaches Corner with Curtis Joe
Call us at 218 732-3306 if your business would like to be on the air. We can put together an advertising package or broadcasting schedule tailored to your business location and target audience.
It's Christmas Cash time again!
Here are this year's Christmas Cash locations, look for the registration box and get your name in there, you might be one of our winners!
Week 1 Winners:
Week 2 Winners:
1 Winner per household per Season
Winners to be Announced on KDKK/KPRM Approx. (Thursdays 8:45- 10 AM)
Minimum of $100 of KDKK/KPRM/KXKK Holiday Cash awarded weekly
Drawings: Nov 9, Nov 16, Nov 23, Nov 30, Dec 7, and Dec 14, 2022
Registration: week of November 1 through December 14, 2022
One Registration per store visit (Box stuffing can result in disqualification)
No Purchase necessary to Register, must be 18 years or older.
No Cash Value
KDKK/KPRM/KXKK Holiday Cash may be redeemed only at participating businesses listed on back of certificate
Must be redeemed by January 31, 2023
Employees can’t register at place of employment
Trading Post, Dorset Corner Liquors, Monika's Quilt and Yarn Shop, The Good Life Cafe, Rescued Treasures, Park Rapids Building Supply and Rental, Beagle and Wolf Books and Bindery, Nick's Service, Heartland Hair Park, Kathryn's Boutique, Wine Not?, Lyle's Shoes, Amish Oak and Americana Furnishings, Harvala Appliance, Evermore Pet Services, Cwikla Ace Hardware, Boho Chandelier, 71 Bottles of Beer and Liquor, Angelic Enterprises, Hafner's Greenhouse, Aunt Belle's Confectionary, Ben Franklin, Book World, Lucky No. 7's, Central Ave Home Furnishings, Forest and Floral Garden Center, Enjoy!, Coborns in Park Rapids, Smokey Hills Outdoor Store, Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce and The Tin Ceiling.
1. How did you start doing play by play? Do you remember your first
He doesn't have a picture, but our next Play by Play Q & A is from Sam Slieter. He has called basketball and football for most of the teams in the area now. You might hear him doing PA announcing for New York Mills football and baseball when his schedule aligns.
1. How did you start doing play by play? Do you remember your first game? I responded to a help wanted ad for a play-by-play announcer on Aug 30th in 2018 and an hour later I was asked if I could get to the Staples football field for the game at 7 pm that night to try it out. I trained on the mic that night and was immediately hooked. Unfortunately Staples Motley lost to Pequot Lakes that evening but I knew that calling games on the radio was a gig for me!
2. What's the craziest game that you've called so far? Just this last basketball season (2022) the Nevis girls were facing on the BBE Jaguars in the sub section championship and BBE was the favorite. The Nevis Tigers were able to pull off the upset by hitting 2 free throws with under 3 seconds to play to win 48-47. Nevis would move on to beat Braham 38-27 to win the Section 5A championship and earn a trip to the state tournament.
3. Which sport is your favorite to call? While every sport has its upsides for calling games, my favorite would be boys and girls basketball because of the constant action up and down the court.
4. Who taught you to do pbp? My first game on the air was with Leif Ronning in Staples. Also, when I first started, I would watch TV at home, mute the sound, and call games in my living room.
5. What is your favorite part of doing play by play? Just being able to stay around the game. Not every game is going to be a nail biter but it's always fun to follow teams throughout a season or multiple seasons and get to be a part of great high school sports.
More Play by Play Q & A's
Craig Killmer in a hockey press booth with his son CJ.
High School Sports are starting soon and we’re catching up with our De La Hunt Media play by play announcers. We’ll start with Curtis Joe, who you heard announce volleyball, basketball and wrestling.
1. How did you start doing play by play? I started PXP in 1988 and did color for a few Cambridge BlueJackets Hockey games, took a few years off and started again with Delahunt Media in 2012!
2. Do you remember your first game? Yes I remember my first game, my brother scored 2 goals that game in a cold Mora arena!
3. What's the craziest game that you've called so far? The craziest game I called, probably a Thief River Falls Norskies game during a shootout when a player tripped over the blue line as he went in for his shot! I will not name the player but I think it’s on You Tube. I’ve had a few football, basketball and hockey games where we joked in the booth about last score wins!
4. Which sport is your favorite to call? My favorite sport to call has to be hockey, it’s comes natural after playing the game.
5. Who taught you to do pbp? Who taught me, that’s a tough one. I grew up listening to Al Shaver doing Minnesota North Stars games as a kid and borrowed some of his phrases and game lingo and probably the great Bob Cole on Hockey Night in Canada. And of course the Delahunt family throughout my career with them!
6. What is your favorite part of doing play by play? My favorite part of doing PXP, seeing the kids pure joy and love of the game and how much they leave on the ice, field or court on a given night and of course getting to know the kids as well!
Make your business part of our sports broadcasts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218 732-3306 and you'll be on the air supporting your teams broadcast when sports kick off September 1st and 2nd.
1. How did you start doing play by play? I have enjoyed play by play since I was little. I would watch sports and do play by play, since I was like 5.
2. Do you remember your first game? My first game as a professional broadcaster was a legion baseball game.
3. What's the craziest game that you've called so far? I called a four OT boys basketball game.
4. Which sport is your favorite to call? Basketball, but I enjoy calling all sports.
5. Who taught you to do pbp? I have always been able to do it. The Lord blessed me in that way. Dan Keating the first Sports Director I worked for is a multi time North Dakota Sportscaster of the year and was a great guy to learn under.
6. What is your favorite part of doing play by play? Watching sports and interacting with the coaches and players.
We've added a new Sunday morning program to our Church services line-up. Welcome Echoes of Mercy from New York Mills Apostolic Lutheran to Sunday mornings on KDKK 97.5 FM at 9:30 AM.
KPRM AM 870
7 AM The Marian Hour
9 AM Faith Bridge
9:30 AM The Lutheran Hour - Sponsored by St. Johns Lutheran Church
KDKK 97.5 FM
8 AM Faith Bridge
8:30 AM Way of Truth - First Baptist Church of Park Rapids
9:30 AM Echoes of Mercy - New York Mills Apostolic
KQKK 101.9 FM
9 AM Live Broadcast from Hope Lutheran Church in Walker
A list of resources and tools that we have mentioned on air or have been sent to us. This will be updated as needed.
Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce & Tourism - Health information, small business tools, remote working tools, curbside & takeout food options.
Hubbard County Social Services 218 732-1451
School and Child Care questions: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504 7 AM to 7 PM
Health Questions: 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903 7 AM to 7 PM
Hubbard County Food Shelf 218 732-1282
Walker Area Food Shelf 218 547 1713
Lutheran Social Services
If you are facing unemployment, you can file online at www.uimn.org or call 1877 898-9090.
Free financial counseling www.lssfinancialcounseling.org or call 1888 577-2227
The new HTML5 Mobile Web Player is now enabled on all of our listen live links. Simply click on the station's listen live link and the player will load. You can bookmark a shortcut to your mobile device desktop or home page for quick access to our audio streams.
DEC 2, 1962...LICENSE RECEIVED TO GO ON AIR